Searches this blog, and pages I've linked to.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Fishy?

One of the symbols used by early Christians (prior to Constantine) to identify themselves to each other, when to be identified as a Christian could result in death. The symbol of a fish (ΙΧΘΥΣ in Greek) was used, because in Greek the letters of the word are also the first letters of a key Christian concept. I = Ιησυς (Jesus), X = Χριστος (Christ, Messiah, or Anointed one), Θ (the Greek letter theta) = Θεος (God), Υ = Υιος (Son), Σ = Σοτηρ (Savior).
... I stole that from Wiki. I just thought it could be on my blog :D Caitlynspence has a blog now! she is going to (she better) post a bunch of her sermons on there, and I'll get to read them. :D
click the title for her page, one day I'll put it in my bloggatives... when she reminds me :P

anywho, im still messed up, but I'm not being emo right now, so I'm wrapping this up before I start.

Noighters!
- foo

No comments: