Searches this blog, and pages I've linked to.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

To the (potential) pot smoker.

Hey guys, if you are smoking, or considering smoking marijuana, or doing some other kind of drug, let me ask you, 'why?'

If you want to 'see trippy stuff' then you are going to be dissatisfied, guys. Smoking pot isnt going to give you hallucinations, or let you see pink elephants. A 10 cent pair of red-blue goggles will give you more to look at then $10 of weed will anyday. (Trust me, im wearing a pair right now, it's totally sweet)

If you're looking for 'good feelings' well, you might find them, for about 1 hour, half of which you will spend coughing. Trust me, I have experienced only the tip of the iceberg for feeling god, and I have felt better than any time when I was high, and it is a lot harder to get rid of.

If you are looking for an escape, then I'm here to tell you, with drugs, there no escape, only distraction. When you come back to reality an hour and a half later, you will be burnt out and still feeling just as bad as before about whatever it is you are trying to escape. And if you happen to smoke yourself to death, you'll have only hopped out of the frying pan and into the fire, literally. My life hasn't been the worst ever, but it still sucks, and if it was a year ago, or even 2 months ago, I would've turned to drugs as an 'escape', and last time I tried that, I got into a fight with a friend, had the police come by, and came home with 2 scars on my leg and one on my forearm. But now, oh, now is SO much better. I am having my heart and mind go in different directions and change their minds about 2 times a minute, and it suck(s/ed) all I have to do is give it up and let God lay his hand on my life, hes trying to point me in the right direction, and if I fight it, it only sucks, I am letting him do the steering, and I don't worry. It's a lot better. Here, I dare you, next time your life really sucks, give it a shot; dont just get f*cked out of your mind for a few hours.

Been there, done that.
Am here, doing this.

- Colin

(UPDATE 2012, JULY)
The not smoking weed thing lasted all of like 6 months, maybe.

I smoke weed all the time, and as far as it goes with me, I totally abuse it.
My mom thinks I am self-medicating... probably.
but it's western style -treat the symptom, not the cause- self-medicating, which I also do not recommend.

I don't recommend doing much that I do.

I don't like me much,

I am often disappointed upon retrospective evaluation of my actions/motivations.

but I digress;  I am fuck, I don't take my own advice.  I smoke pot and I suck at life.

EOU

No comments: