Searches this blog, and pages I've linked to.

Friday, November 18, 2005

the story? (not very detailed)

Well.... where to start... To tell you the truth, right after summer, I pretty quickly gave up on reading the bible, but I always had that little bit of me that 'knew' god was out there. I always had those little thoughts. But anyways, after Kate and I broke up for the first time, we always had huge conversations about what went wrong, what's going on, and other stuff. In one of these she mentioned how I would never go to church with her, and it started up a HUGE conversation about god. We talked for like 2-3+ hours... We got back together a month after we broke up and I went to youth group with her, (Her parents are the youth leaders), and then I went to church once. We broke up again afterwards, but it had to happen. It was totally communal, and it wasn't too rough on either of us. Anyways, we broke up on a thursday, and that saturday I was on msn, and Kate asked me If I wanted to come to full circle the next night. Anyways, as it turned out, I went to church with them, and about 3/4 of the way through I was talking with her Mum about Jesus that I really wanted him in my life but I was still confused about some stuff. We ended up talking to her pastor Brian and we prayed together about some stuff. I ended up hanging out with them all afternoon, and then we all went to full circle. One of the speakers at full circle was praying for god to just come into the lives of the unsaved, and to show himself to us all, and other stuff. The whole time I was just Praying, please be about me, please, come into MY life, etc. Then at one part, the words in this girls prayer were just Hitting Right HOME. she was praying, God, give those people who want you, but just arent sure about some things, the strength to just accept jesus right now. (drum roll please) WHAM! right there. right then. I just bowed my head and prayed, asked jesus into my life. As soon as I raised my head, My friend Caitlyn was sitting beside me, (I dont think she knew I had been praying) and she's like 'Hey,' and im like 'Whats up?' and shes like, "nothing, you?" and im like 'I just accepted Jesus' and shes gave this little squeak and hugged me half to death. I just started crying. Then she made some hand signal to Kates mum and brought me over to her, and there were just tears running down my face, and I look up and the entire youthgroup is all hugging me and praying. so I bawl some more... (manly me, eh?) anyways. thats my story, and Now im good friends with kate's rents, and they are helping me alot with all this new stuff.




yeah, anyways
there was lots more going on in my life, but this is just the main stuff. night.

No comments: