Searches this blog, and pages I've linked to.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Up and Down, Round and Round

Up and Down, Round and Round
Am I lost? Am I found?

I dont know where I've been. I dont know what I've found.
I cannot realize; His glory crown.

Up and Down, Round and Round
Was I lost? Am I now found?

I dont know where I am. Have I hit bottom?
On this roller-coaster called my faith?

Up and Down, Round and Round
God won't you help me to get off the ground?

I have my faith, I have me doubt
I want to follow -- you. I want to shout.

Down and Down, and Down I go.
I cannot do this on my own.
One day I'll realize; fool that I've been.
But for right now, I'll shout and howl
Inside. I know I'm messed up.
Is this a test? Because if it is then I am failing.

Failing and faling; stumbling in the DARK

...Lights out. Wheres your faith?.
If it shone like a light you would be striding forwards.
This ain't condemnation. It's a flippin conviction.
A call back to duty. The life that you found.
Not a life that's perfect. Not by any means. No.
A life that was happy, joyous and fruitful.
Not always gonna be that way;
But it averages out to be totally amazing.
If you should choose to accept it.
Come on young man, don your armour -- or at least grab your shield.
Extinguish those flaming darts. I know you're tired of getting hit when you're down.
Close your eyes and take a step. When you get scared just call my name.
Your eyes deceive you. You're walking in circles.
This is supposed to be a faithwalk. Not a cakewalk.

I know, I know; and I want to be with you.
I beg, and pray, saying 'show me your way'
When you answer me -- hand layed on my shoulder
words spoken making me feel bolder
I listen for a second then lose sight in a moment
I don't know what I'm looking for... a pillar of fire -- ground shaking to your voice
with a simple command saying,
'Boy, you were wrong, the devil has been tricking you;
all this time you been feelin' like the bottom of a shoe?
no, boy, thats just a quick fix, simple mistake, open the panel and flick a switch
Problem. I'm here all along (I dont doubt that this is true)
Just turn around, and know your mine,
have a snot'n'bawl session to make up for time,
and I'll bless on you, like I'm supposed to -- ?
And make you feel the way you feel that lets you act off your heels'
Well I know I'm wrong more completely than partially
But not completely partially and not even partially completely

Well good for you, at least you know I'm God. On my terms; not yours.
If you cant figure out yet that I AM a good God
And I AM an ALL-POWERFUL God
and I KNOW your plight and I know when you cant do it;
but truly I say, I KNOW whn you can, too.
Suck it up, princess; faith over cake
I know you've got an inkling of what you need to do
The quiet voice is turned to max, but I dont see why I need to raise it.
If you listen, you will hear; if you look you will see
seek and you shall find
draw close and I will do the same to thee

Oh man Im teeter tottering, I know I cannot do this -- on my own
God I need to lean on you, but I have to ask you for your help
myself -- I cant ask you to help me ask you the help me!
so God, I'm gonna do it. I know that im gonna screw it,
so please I beg, set a little extra stockpile of grace
throw it in my face when I turn to you in faith
Lord forgive me, the fool that I've been,
I need your help, here I am asking
I'll try, please remind me that -
YOU ARE GOD
And I want to thank you
for the friends in life
that we all love you
hold each other
accountable
I love you
In Jesus
Name,
Amen

No comments: